Traveling just got a little bit more interesting!
Leslee and I have been joined at the hip for several years now, spreading the good news of beer and wine. Our classes and events have earned a reputation for fun and excellence with aficionados across the Twin Cities and beyond. As our businesses have expanded and our relationships with breweries and wineries have strengthened, we feel it is time to share our insatiable love for not only beer & wine but travel as well!
With that in mind, we are launching Grains & Grapes Adventure Tours. And we’re starting off big. This year is already jam packed with a thrilling schedule of wine and beer adventures from Oregon to Germany.
Tour de Oregon (that’s o-re-GOHN), November 4-8, 2015
Leslee and I very excited about announcing our first trip. Tour de Oregon has taken us well over a year to plan (because we wanted it be THAT special!). It is now ready for registration. I can promise you it will be an amazing VIP travel experience for any wine/beer enthusiast!
Start your journey in Oregon’s ‘City of Roses’ — Portland! Explore Portland’s food and libation culture as we lead you through some of the city’s most coveted food sites and pairings. Enjoy a combo of privately led brewery tours by some of the city’s most talented brewmasters, taste from a variety of Portland’s legendary food-carts, and savor a perfectly paired chef/sommelier wine dinner in the heart of the city’s Pearl District.
Then travel to one of the world’s most envied, world-class sites for Pinot Noir – the Willamette Valley! We’ll stay in one of Condé Naste’s 2014 Top 25 Resorts, the Allison Inn & Spa, (named by the magazine ‘a jewel of a resort’) as we spend three days touring the terroir of the valley’s finest restaurants and wineries. Enjoy privileged access to many of the Pacific Northwest’s most talked about wine country experiences, as you sip your way through an array of fantastic Willamette Valley winery tours and tastings. Savor an afternoon walk through the Jory clay soils of a Dundee vineyard tour and experience a lavish winery cave dinner paired to one of the valley’s most celebrated Pinot Noir house’s exclusive portfolio. But the Willamette Valley is not just about wine. There is beer there as well. You’ll indulge in a brewmaster’s luncheon with the founder of one of Oregon’s newest and most interesting breweries, Wolves & People, with a collection of the brewery’s farmhouse-style gems paired to the Allison Inn’s award-winning food.
As if our adventure hasn’t already been a whirlwind of unbelievable experiences, we wrap up the weekend with a gorgeous private dinner in a cozy Dundee restaurant featuring a hand-crafted menu with beer and wine pairings selected by your Sommelier and Cicerone hosts.
This is truly an excursion you will be talking about for years to come; a trip that exceeds what Leslee and I plan for ourselves when we head to beer and wine territory!
- 1 night stay at the historic Heathman Hotel, downtown Portland
- 3 night stay at Condé Naste’s award-winning inn, The Allison Inn & Spa
- Full luxury coach travel from the Heathman Hotel to the Willamette Valley
- 2 Brewery tours & tastings in the city of Portland (Widmer Brothers, Hair of the Dog, and maybe one more surprise. Shhhhh…)
- 2 hotel breakfasts
- A Brewmaster’s luncheon with Wolves & People Brewery owner, Christian DeBenedetti, at the Allison Inn & Spa
- A winery luncheon with winemaker & owner of Youngberg Hill Winery, Wayne Bailey
- A private winery cave dinner at Archery Summit Winery
- A Beer/Wine paired dinner at Reds Hills Provincial Dining
- A Chef/Sommelier paired dinner at Blue Hour Restaurant of Portland’s historic, Pearl District
- 3 Willamette Valley winery tours & tastings (Youngberg Hill, Colene Clemens & Argyle Wineries)
- An afternoon guided vineyard tour through some of the valley’s most coveted Pinot Noir sites with one of the valley’s most famous vineyard managers
- Professional onsite coordination and assistance
Trip does not include:
- Round-trip airfare (Plan to arrive in ‘PDX’ in time for our first event which begins @ 5pm on Wed, Nov 4th–Departure at your leisure on Sunday, Nov 8th)
- Travel insurance
- Personal incidentals
- Airport transfers in both your home city and Portland
- $2650 per person includes the details listed above
- Payment may be made by cash or check, or by credit card (processing fee of 4% applies to credit card payments)
- Checks may be made payable to Amusée & mailed to: Amusée, P.O. Box 583242, Minneapolis, MN 55458
- Prior to departure, a trip itinerary and package will be mailed to each passenger with full detail of the trip’s layout
- Once payment is made, trip cost is nonrefundable.
- Call 612.655.4839 to reserve your spot today! (Trip is limited to just 20 seats.)
Due the nature of the program inclusions combined with the limited space, we are giving priority to double occupancy requests (couples or two singles sharing a room) so we can fully use our block of 20 rooms. Single occupancy participation in group programs requires an additional fee or ‘single supplement’ as you would encounter on a cruise. We wanted to avoid this on our inaugural excursion, but will evaluate the demand and consider this option for future excursions. Thank you for your understanding.